Sunset Cottage is situated on Lake Barkley (Cumberland River), on the main channel. The main floor offers an open porch, and also an enclosed porch which overlooks the main channel as well as the lower level which has a full length outdoor porch. There is also a lower outdoor deck just feet from the main channel. These locations afford you great vantage points to view native wild life, and river traffic year round.
There is a year round appeal for the Land Between the Lakes and Sunset Cottage. Anytime is a great time to get away and enjoy the magic of nature’s wonders in this special area; or, just enjoy the solitude.
Here are just some of the many seasonal attractions in the area:
Enjoy nature, including the birds and the wildlife year round from Sunset Cottage’s from the inside or outside porches. There are many seasonal attractions including:
- Golden Pond Planetarium (March 1 to mid-December), at the Trace in the Land between the Lakes.
- Woodlands Nature Center (March 1 to November 30) in the Land Between the Lakes where you can hike, bike, ride, drive, fish, swim, boat, hike. See www.lbl.org (1-800-lbl-7077).
- Take your Kids Fishing Day on the first weekend in June each year at West .Cadiz Park
- Visit Cadiz Tourism & Convention Commission at www.cadiz-lakebarkley.com (888-446-6402) for year round events.
Trigg County has two USGA approved golf courses.
- Approximately mid-August Kenlake State Resort holds the hot August Blues Festival www.hotaugustbluesfestival.com for details
Kentucky Western Rivers holds their arts and crafts festival in Grand Rivers annually, usually over labor day weekend with approximately 100 craft booths.
- Usually in the first week of September they hold the Trails of Tears Intertribal Powwow in Hopkinsville, Ky. You can obtain more details at www.trailoftears.org
- Autumn trail horseback rides at Rockin U Riding Stables, open through October. Call (270)924-2211 for details.
- BBQ on the river and old market days is usually held at the end of September, obtain details on, www.bbqontheriver.org
- Murray Highland Festival at Murray City Park is usually held during the end of October. A celebration of Scottish- Celtic heritage.
- Ham Fest is held in Cadiz each October. Visit on this special weekend for music, carnival rides, quilt show, car show and much more (over 200 venders). Enjoy the ham and biscuits baked right before your eyes. Colossal family fun! Check www.hamfestival.com
- Grand Rivers Festival of Lights at Pattis 1880 Settlement, usually November 4 to January 1. Call: (888) 736-2515 for details.
- The Paducah Symphony, December to February, call (270)444-0065 for details.
- Elk and Bison Prairie (north of Golden Pond, Land between the Lakes Visitor Center) Open dawn to dusk – 365 days per year
Enjoy the solitude of Sunset Cottage or watch the barges on the Cumberland River.
REMEMBER, All Year Long Sunset Cottage offers the Million Dollar ($1,000,000.00) View year round. Please call us at (800) 506-1016 for more information; also please call us for any special fall and winter discounts.